I've felt very inspired by snow lately. It just blows my mind. How each little snow flake is so different than the next one. And even if our small human eyes look at them and say "they're sort of all the same," God can look at each one and see it's unique beautiful differences, because no two snow flakes are the same. The come down from the sky as tiny slivers of water, divinely designed, pure white, and glittering. Each one in and of itself is a miracle. The other night I was driving home from work while it was snowing quite heavily. And everything was covered in a beautiful white blanket of fresh glittering snow. The moonlight made it shine and sparkle like hundreds of little diamonds. And it made me think --- that's how I look to God. He's made us pure and white, redeeming us from all sin. And while that picture we think all the time "white as snow, white as snow... lalalala" there's something else about snow that we have in common. He made each of us totally unique with our own design. While the typical human eye might not be able to see it, He can. He see's the complex, divinely inspired creation that He made us to be. But what really struck me even more than that, is that He sees me as beautiful. Brilliant, glittering, and beautiful. And while sometimes I might feel small or unimportant - it's the small piece by piece building that makes a beautiful picture, just like it takes a million unique beautiful snowflakes to make a breath taking winter wonderland. And, just like I love to sit and marvel at the snow as it falls, as it's hear for just a moment, I can picture God sitting up in heaven watching me pass by in this life. And I can only pray and hope that He's sitting up there marveling too, thinking "How beautiful." So... that's what I've been thinking about lately. And it just blesses my heart. Thanks all :)
A song that's been blessing me and going along with this idea is "You Are More" by Tenth Ave North.
Take A Listen >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA&ob=av2nm
No comments:
Post a Comment