Apparently, God is blessing the world with a burst of productivity today. I've seen many friends who's status' and comments are all on this same page - getting stuff done. I'm feeling rather productive today myself. I've laid out before me a mass of journal articles to read through for my research paper and have set up a nice little study/work space in the Library... It's refreshing, because I've not been feeling very motivated lately - and that's sort of an understatement. Maybe it's the beautiful sunshine that's got me feeling in better spirits today or maybe it's just God's grace filling me up and answering some prayers. Whatever the cause, I'm praising Him for it :)
Here's a few snap-shots of my day...
8 of my journal articles. My Thesis: There are a lot of differentiating risk factors for eating disorders amongst diverse ethnicities, however, there is very limited research that crosses cross cultural lines and studies multiple ethnicities together.
Kind of an overwhelming topic because the research is so little and I'm having to pull together A LOT of different articles, but I love my topic and I'm passionate about it. It's sort of what I want to do with my life... so it works.
Work station.
Hanging out with the rows and rows of books :) Haha. I feel like such a nerd sometimes. I kind of like it. :)
I took this one yesterday actually - I spent some time at Flushing Park. I had a lot on my mind and a lot I needed to just lay down at the feet of Jesus. Flushing Park always seems to be the place where I feel most connected with God and His creation. It's just a safe place to go and sit and think and pray. I've def had a good portion of "Wow God" moments here. :)
Plus, bare tree's just always inspire me - they make me think about how we're supposed to be vulnerable and just bear what our sticks and limbs are - no matter how many knots, broken, dead, or twisted places there may be. A favorite word picture of mine, if you will :)
OK - that's all. Holla at me :)




No comments:
Post a Comment